About the Tournament:
Have a question about the Canada Day Classic? All of the top questions are answered here:
Wondering where to stay? Here are some suggestions:
- SFU Residence & Quad TownHouse Rentals – Nestled on 430 park acres high on top of Burnaby Mountain, Simon Fraser University offers an array of guest accommodations styles for visitors. Families will enjoy the townhouse quads that offer a home away from home feel with kitchen units. Please book HERE
- Hotel offerings HERE
- AIR BNB – rent a big home for your team or go small with a family suite!
Wondering how to get to Squint Lake? Let us help you out.
Things To Do:
Here is a list of some of the top things to do while visiting Burnaby.
- Kensington Outdoor Pool – 3.5 km away
- Barnet Beach – 5 km away
- Eileen Daily Indoor Pool – 6 km away
Local Things to See / Do
- Burnaby Village Museum – has an authentic merry-go-round
- Burnaby Mountain Park
- Deer Lake Park
- The Amazing Brentwood Indoor/ Outdoor Mall
- Metrotown Mall
Local Food & Drink
- Domino’s Pizza
- Hop N Vine Pub
- Gaya Sushi – Bainbridge
- Cockney’s Fish N Chips
- Café Cielo – excellent coffee & bagels
- White Spot
For the Coaches + Team Managers:
You will be emailed the link for apparel purchase on May 1st. We will have an online store for families/ coaches to order their goods!
You coaches packages will be sent via email on May 15th.
Can I get a refund:
If your team is unable to attend, a written request must be made before May 1st, 2022 to qualify for a refund. NO REFUNDS will be given received on or later than May 1st, 2022.
Why can’t I get a refund after May 1st?
Although it is rare, we want to discourage teams from putting ‘placeholder’ registrations in only to step out at a later date. We want to give any waitlisted teams ample heads up to get ready for our Championship and May 1st, is enough time.
We want to run the best possible tournaments and no team should be given a “bye” game after a team drops out too late and we are unable fill the spot. Although we all appreciate free points, all these players are here to play so we want to do our best to provide a full round robin for each and every team.
For the Parents:
What to Bring?
Lawn chairs, pop up tents, hats and sunscreen! We have a fairly sunny park with shade around the edges. Each diamond is fenced to allow families use of the grass past the outfield. Dogs are welcome (on a leash) and we will have dog water stations throughout the park for the furry children!
We will have a full concession – managed by an amazing chef who is currently developing the best menu for hungry players and fans!
We will be adding to this FAQ as we get more questions, so please feel free to email us!